Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nice to Meet Ya, West Covina: One World Vegetarian Restaurant

Who would have thought that a good, affordable vegetarian restaurant can be found in West Covina.

One World Vegetarian Cuisine is hidden in a strip mall, right next to liquor stores and tax preparer offices, behind Edwards Theatres on Glendora Avenue. It's not the first place I would expect a vegetarian restaurant to be situated but there it is.

I'm not a vegetarian but I do like to eat healthy when possible without sacrificing flavor. One World satisfies those requirements. The food is mostly Asian-inspired, but there are sandwiches, salads, burgers, soups, and other options. Today I ordered the veggie steak royale with brown rice. Quite tasty, perhaps a bit too much so. For next time I'm going to try the stuffed tomatoes or possibly the fried rice with "pork." The pho style soups also looked appetizing from what I could see at the other tables next to me. The service is wonderful; the hostesses quite friendly and nice.

I've been under the assumption that West Covina houses only big restaurant chains with portions meant to fatten, so it is a nice to discover that there are places like One World. And there's plenty of parking! You can't beat that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Raul,
Just came across your blog.
Thanks for reviewing our restaurant! Please let us know next time to visit :)
Best wishes!
One Veg World